Dear Savage Family,
I wanted to take a moment that tell you how grateful I am that you shared your family’s story on Megyn Kelly Today Show yesterday.
I am a mother of four. My oldest two children are 13 year old twin boys. They describe a lot like Nick and Jack. Opposite personalities but the best of friends. Insert Lacrosse instead of Hockey in our case and their grades aren’t quite as good as your guys, but they are really good boys. They don’t give us any concern other than the typical teen attitude on occasion. We have spoken very openly with them about drugs, alcohol, as well as prescription drugs over the years.
Hi everyone, my name is Becky Savage. Thank you so much for taking the time to explore our website and learn a little more about the 525 Foundation.
Becky Savage’s two teenage sons – Nick and Jack – accidentally overdosed on a deadly cocktail of alcohol and prescription drugs on the same night in June 2015. Becky and her husband Mike turned their unimaginable grief into a powerful message: educating students, parents, lawmakers and anyone else who will listen about the dangers of prescription drugs. The couple created 525 Foundation (the boys’ hockey numbers were 5 and 25) with a goal of preventing another family from experiencing the pain the Savage family still struggles with every day. To date, Becky has bravely shared her story with more than 60,000 high school students from Indiana to Texas to Oregon and presented at conferences across the country. She’s spoken to members of a United States Senate opioid crisis committee, serves as an ambassador for the Walgreens #ItEndsWithUs campaign and participated in countless interviews for podcasts and news media.